Name the app you mostly use to post your pictures and day-to-day activities? Most of you will say Instagram! Instagram is one of the most used social media apps by youngsters and teens to share pictures, stories, and reels with their followers on the app. It is a nifty way of staying in touch with everyone. But what if you want to temporarily disable your Instagram account? Well there are several reasons because of which you may want to do so, like if you have to prepare for certain exams, or perhaps, if your parents want you to do so as you are spending too much time on it. The reason to disable your Instagram account is to simply save time that you can spend more productively. So, do it for your time’s sake if not for anything else. It, of course, also means that you don’t delete the account permanently and therefore, you can bring Instagram back to life whenever you want.
Yes, the good news is that you can temporarily disable your Instagram account and come back anytime you want to. But before doing so you need to know that if you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. Also, you can only disable your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser. Here is all you need to know:
How to temporarily disable Instagram account via computer
1. You will have to log in to instagram.com from a computer.
2. Click your profile picture in the top right and tap Profile, then click on Edit profile.
3. Scroll down, then click ‘Temporarily disable my account’ in the bottom right.
4. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’ and re-enter your password. It can be noted that the option to disable your account will only appear after you have selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
5. Then click on ‘Temporarily disable account’…Read more>>